Monday, July 23, 2012

CYA Competent Crew Course


What a weekend! We could hardly have asked for better weather for the inaugural CYA "Competent Crew" sailing course. Alena Wilgenhoff, Amy Sloan, Christine Alyward and Emily Robertson all now have a certificate signaling their achievement along with a log book to chart their progress in the art of sailing.

A big thanks to Michael Ernst of Sail Mahone Bay for coming up from the South Shore to teach the course and as well to the Wunns for loaning the club their Tanzer 7.5 for the weekend. It must have been very hard for them not to be out sailing.

Stay tuned for future course offerings later in the summer.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad I took the course this weekend! I had a great time sailing with all of you and am looking forward to getting back on a sail boat soon! I even joined the Dal sailing club so I can keep it up in September!